The Big Ideas issue of Law Practice Magazine is an incredible resource. (July/August 2013 Issue) I say that with a great deal of pride as John Simek and I were the guest editors of the issue. We had a great team helping us. The great news is that you can get this issue free on your mobile device by downloading the Law Practice magazine app and then this issue of the magazine. Instructions follow.
This magazine is a blockbuster because it has the thought-provoking and provocative ideas about the future of our profession from our thought leaders. Readers of my blog are familiar with Richard Susskind, who wrote The End of Lawyers?: Rethinking the nature of legal services. He wrote our cover story, with the same title as his new book Tomorrow’s Lawyers.
But that is just the beginning of the challenging content in this magazine issue. To name but a few features:
- The Innovation Imperative: Adapt or Die? by Erik Mazzone, featuring Jordan Furlong and Bruce MacEwen
- Brainstorming Your Future: A Forward-Thinking Lawyers’ Roundtable by Jim Calloway and John Simek
- A Big Idea for BigLaw? Just One Word: Strategy by Michael J. Ostermeyer
- Venture Capital Investments in Legal Services by Mary E. Vandenack
- Big Data: Big Pain or Big Gain for Lawyers? by Sharon D. Nelson and John W. Simek
- As the World Goes Mobile, Is Your Marketing Up to Speed? by Robert J. Ambrogi
- and my column, Practice Management Advice: The Small-Firm Lawyer Considers Big Ideas by Jim Calloway
Read this issue from cover to cover and think about it. Every prediction may not be right, but you will have to agree that you have been given access to a lot of "Big Ideas."
If you are reading this on your mobile device:
How to Access – Download the Law Practice Magazine App today for free! (Mobile Device Link) or just go to your normal app store.
You can also read the articles from the magazine online on the LPM section website.
(Normally issues via the app are only free to Law Practice magazine subscribers and LPM section members. This is a limited time offer.)